UnMartha

One Woman's Quest to Achieve Domestic Goddess Status While Retaining a Sense of Humour

Monday, July 03, 2006

Two More Sleeps 'Til Vacation Time!!

Today is the last day of our Canadian three day weeked celebrating Canada Day (our 4th of July). Typically this is the busiest weekend of the year at our restaurant and this year we broke all sorts of sales records. Our staff were all absolute superstars. God damn but these kids worked hard. I want to thank each and everyone of them for a job well done. Bravo.

More importantly, the end of Canada Day means the start of our summer vacation. We are off on Wednesday. Hittin' the highway for parts south. South Carolina, Georgia and Florida here we come. I plan on gorging myself on pork BBQ, Heineken, trashy books and outlet shopping.

But before we leave there is a mountain of work to do, laundry to fold, bags to pack, books to buy, a fridge to clean out and bills to pay. Why is always so easy to do a week of work in 2 days when there is a glorious vacation at the end of the road?

But no work tonight. Tonight we celebrate our successful weekend by breaking out the Haagen Dazs, flopping on the sleepy couch, and watching crap tv. By the way, Haagen Dazs Cookies and Creamsicles dunked into Baily's Irish Cream is really yummy.

Burfica at Don't Eat the Tomatoes posted this quiz on her blog and it looked kinda fun.

#1. The book nearest me, page 18 line 4: "I'm the hotel manager," the man said. "Is there something I can do?" "Do you have a giant net?" I asked him. (Janet Evanovich "Twelve Sharp").

#2. Stretch out left arm, what do you touch: knitting pattern, stitch counter and my little piggy lighter.

#3. Last thing watched on Television: Canadian Idol

#4. Without looking, what time is it: 10:10 p.m.

#5. What actual time is it: 10:23

#6. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear: t.v. (Gordon Ramsey swearing), rain on window, Husband's cell phone.

#7. When did you last step outside: 15 minutes ago to walk my friends to their car and to look at a pretty spider web.

#8. Before this survey what did you look at: the blister on the sole of my foot.

#9. What are you wearing: white wife beater and pink pj bottoms

#10. Did you dream last night: I think I was too tired to even dream.

#11. When did you last laugh: tonight watching Canadian Idol with friends.

#12. What is on the walls in the room: um, paint?

#13. Seen anything weird lately: I own a restaurant. All I ever see is weird. Like the lady today who complained that our home fries tasted like babies?!?

#14. What do you think of this quiz: It seemed like a better idea 10 minutes ago.

#15. What is the last film you saw: 'A Good Woman' with Helen Hunt.

#16. If you became a multi millionaire what would you buy: A condo in Chicago, a cottage in Nevis and a classic red VW Bug convertable.

#17. Tell me something we don't know: I'm scared to drive across bridges.

#18. If you could change one thing about the world what would you do: I'd make sure that every kid in the world had someone to love them.

#19. Do you like to dance: yup, in my kitchen when I'm alone.

#20. George Bush: As a Canadian I shall reserve comment.

1 Comments:

At 12:47 AM, Blogger Burfica said...

Okay you should have asked that lady how she knew what babies tasted like.

You asked about the monkey butt pillow. For mothers day my son who is 10. Got me this pillow that is purple on the front and pink on the back. On the front it has a raised monkey face and it says SUPER MONKEY on the back of the pillow is a raised monkey butt. hehehee Only my family, let me tell ya.

It's been lovingly dubbed my "monkey butt" pillow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home